Makini’s vision is to provide quality education at affordable cost and to create centres of excellence in which each child will develop:
- the highest possible moral, academic, cultural and sporting standards;
- a wide range of interests, capacities and talents;
- a strong sense of social responsibility and carry these values into adult life.
- Makini will actively encourage and facilitate:
- The formation of each student’s moral character, unique skills, capabilities and talents;
- The creation of a strong communal ethos of social responsibility;
- And the achievement of the highest possible academic results.
Makini is consistently rated among the top Kenyan-curricular schools in the country. At the time when schools were ranked, Makini had taken first place nationally many times in the KCPE examinations. The Academy has also recorded applaudable results in KCSE and held the position of best private mixed school in Nairobi. The Makini College and Consultancy has scooped awards in the annual CIM and CAM presentations and has produced top students in the country.
Makini teachers are selected on the basis of high professional achievements, demonstrated enthusiasm, dedication and concern for the individual needs of each child. All staff are involved in continuous self-development and leadership training programmes.
Makini Schools is also a recipient of the African Enterprise Award for its excellent contribution to education. Columbia Business School USA selected Makini as a Case Study in Success as part of its MBA degree programme.