|ZONE||SUMMERISED ROUTES DESCRIPTION|
|1.||RUNDA,NYARI ESTATE,KITISURU,RUAKA,THOGOTO KIKUYU,KASARANI,THOME ,BALOZI GARDEN ESTATE,NEW MUTHAIGA
KOMAROCK,NYAYO EMBAKASSI,SIMBA VILLAS ,BARAKA ESTATE,KIKUYU TOWN.
|2.||DONHOLM,GREEN FIELD,PIPELINE,KARIOBANGI SOUTH,SPRING VALLEY,IMARA DAIMA,KYUNABURUBURU, HURUMA,NGONG,FEDHA ESTATE,VILLA FRANCA,TASSIA ESTATE,UMOJA ,AVENUE PARK 1 &2
KAREN -BANDA SCHOOL MAGADI Rd,KAREN SHADE HOTEL,EASTLEIGH,KERARAPON,JUJA ROAD,BANDARI SOUTH C OLD MUTHAIGA ,LORESHO,KAREN HARDY,HARAMBEE ESTATE,UHURU EST.NHC LANGATA,NGARA SOUTH B,SOUTH C,OTIENDE LANGATA,ST.MARY'S DOCTOR'S FLATS LANGATA,NGEI 1& 2 LANGATA. AKILLA III SOUTH C,PANGANI,EAGLE PLAINS MOMBASA ROAD, UTHIRU, PARKLANDS, LORESHO. DAGORETTI CENTRE
|3.||WAIYAKI WAY,MOUNTAIN VIEW,KAREN PLAINS,KAREN MIOTONI,KAREN SHOPPING CENTRE,SARIT WESTLADS,KANGEMI KAREN HILLCREST,KAREN BIBLE SCHOOL,WAITHAKA,CANIVOUR,PRECIOUS BLOOD SCHOOL,KIANDA,KIMATHI EST. KARIOKOR ,JERICHO,JERUSALEM,BAHATI,MAKADARA,DAM ESTATE 1&2,JONATHAN NGENO.BROOKSIDE WESTLANDS|
|4.||RHAPTA ROAD WESTLANDS,RIVERSIDE,MADARAKA,UPPRHILL,AIRPORT VIEW,AKILA 1&2,SATTELITE,FUNGUO KAWANGWARE,KILELESHWA( POLICE STATION,PRIMARY,KASUKU CENTRE)NAIROBI WEST,SIWAKA,WOODLANDS Rd LOWER DENNIS PRITT FROM NYANGUMI JUNCTION,LOWER LENANA ROAD FROM NYANGUMI Rd JUNCTION,RIVERSIDE LIKONI LANE,KITALE LANE ,VALLEY ROAD,STATE HOUSE ROAD,MUTHANGARI POLICE STATION ,D.T.DOBIE,STRATHMORE|
|5.||GOLFCOURSE-NGUMMO,HIGHVIEW-NGUMMO,SUNVIEW-NGUMMO,NGUMMO NERA & NEWA LAVINGTON GREEN SHOPPING CENTRE,CHALBI DRIVE-LAVINGTON,CONVENT ROAD- LAVINGTON, AMBOSELI -LAVINGTON,METHODIST,KILELESHWA (HOLY TRINITY CHURCH,MWINGI ROAD OLOITOTOK ,UPPER OTHAYA Rd)MIMOSA,CITY MORTUARY ROUNDABOUT /DAYSTER CAMPUS LENANA SCHOOL,JAMES GICHURU ROAD,HURLINGHAM,KIBERA,JABAVU ROAD.ROSE AVENUE|
|6.||YAYA,VALLEY ARCADE,UPPER LENANA ROAD UPTO NYANGUMI ROAD JUNCTION,UPPER DENNIS PRITT ROAD UPTO NYANGUMI ROAD JUNCTION,GALANA ROAD ,KIRICHWA ROAD,KINDARUMA ROAD,KAYAHWE Rd, SANTACK,NGANDO,,SUNA -RACECOURSE,GITANGA ROAD,HATHERU ROAD,KABARNET ROAD,RING ROAD.|
|7.||RIARA ROAD,OLEDUME ROAD,NDEMI ROAD,NDEMI LANE,WOODLEY,JAMHURI,DAGORETTI CORNER,SUNA -WANYEE ROAD,MURINGA ROAD,MENELIK ROAD,UPPER ARGWINGS KODHEK UPTO WOOD AVENUE JUNCTION,WOOD AVENUE ,ADAMS ARCADE ,ELGEYO MARAKWET ROAD, MAKINDI ROAD,NGONG ROAD POSTA TO NAKUMATT JUNCTION,KINGARA ROAD|
- Transport routes are subject to change.
- Transport service is door to door, but only where access to the residence is possible.
- Charges are provided by the Transport office upon application.
Our main focus is to expose learners to a variety of ICT tools in education, which enhance their learning. Learners interact with Microsoft Office applications, Scratch programming, Adobe illustrator, Adobe Photoshop applications etc.
The introduction of Microsoft Educator Certification for Makini teachers has exposed them to a variety of tools, including:
- Office 365
- Introduction to Sway
- Creative Coding
- OneNote the ultimate collaboration tool
- Windows 10
- Introduction to Office Mix
- Office Online and OneDrive
Boresha Limited, which is an offshoot of Makini schools, has developed curriculum based digital content, to be used as teaching and learning aids in the schools.
The interactive content is in form of 2D/3D animations, virtual experiments, games, stories etc.
The content can also be assessed via the flagship collaborative e-learning platform www.askateacher.co.ke for daily quizzes, homework and revision portal with chat features and collaboration with teachers within and outside the school parameters.
Art & Design is open to any interested child who desires to venture into Visual Arts and may sit for it at O level or pursue it as a future career.
Apart from the established academic programme, we encourage the Art students to take part in Art contests, symposiums, exhibitions and field trips.
This is done with a view to enhance the children’s creative abilities and to nurture an appreciation for the role of Art in day-to-day human activities.
Quite a number of alumni have gone into creative fields. These include:
- Fiona Onyango (2012) – who is on her way to completing her studies in Business in preparation for starting a fashion design line;
- Matilda King’oria (2011) – Fashion designer & Stylist (Brand name: MxM Afrika);
- Sarah Mugambi (2009) – Fashion designer (Brand name; Sara Karay);
- Edgar Okaya (2005) – who has tried his creative hand in quite a number of areas;
- Samora Maranya (2004)– who found Art very helpful to his medical studies at university;
- Abigael Kubasu & Naphtaline (2008) – Fashion design and held regular Art camps;
- Lucinda Ochieng (2010) – Freelance Artist (Brand name: Lucinda Leo Art);
- Shawn Muraya (2011) – An Architect who works in the family business of real estate developers, the renowned, Suraya Property Group LTD;
- Elvis Wairia (2015) – is set to for Malaysia to pursue a degree in Animation;
In corporate social responsibility, we have produced Artwork for the Kenyatta National Hospital.
As a department we strive to use Art as a visual stimulant, in therapy, communication (sign boards, notices, offices, classrooms, buses etc) within the school’s immediate environment, in branding the school’s corporate identity. Our other activities include: producing designs for décor and costumes for both Music & Drama Festivals and Cultural activities.